There are a lot of different types of lentil soups out there. Most are pretty run of mill. They taste good but they have no pizazz you know what I mean. They taste a little too healthy, almost like all that extra fiber is just yelling out to let you know it’s there. But this lentil soup it’s different. It starts with spicy sausage, gets kicked up with sweet potato, spinach, and even a jalapeno, and will make your mouth sing. At least mine did. Served with a little dollop of sour cream, or perhaps a poached egg delicious.
Sunday Slow Cooker: Sausage, Sweet Potato, and Lentil Stew
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1/2 lb lean turkey sausage (for vegetarian, replace with 1 cup soyrizo)
- 1 U onion, diced
- 1 U rib celery, chopped
- 1 U carrot, chopped
- 1 U sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 U jalapeno (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 U clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 U sprig thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.