Sunday Slow Cooker: Green Chili with Turkey
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 pounds tomatillos, husked and washed
- 2 U poblano peppers
- 3 U jalapeno peppers
- 1 U onion, quartered
- 8 U garlic cloves, whole in skins
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless turkey breast (or ground turkey)
- 28 oz canned hominy, drained
- 20 oz. canned pinto beans
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 U bay leaf
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp coriander
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and place all the tomatillos, poblanos, jalapenos, onion, and 8 garlic cloves on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little bit of kosher salt. Roast for about 15-20 minutes, shaking everything a couple times during roasting. Place the jalapenos and poblanos in a dish and cover with saran wrap. Remove the skins and seeds once they cool.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.