Whole30 Turkey Chili with Sweet Potatoes with all the flavors of your favorite chili but without the beans for a Paleo and Whole30 friendly version you will absolutely love.
Whole30 Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili is a hearty, filling beanless chili that's packed with ground turkey, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, chipotle peppers, and plenty of spice.
We love chili around here, especially once it starts to get cold. So when I embarked on a Whole30 recently, chili was one of the first things I thought about making. I knew it would be something that I could make a huge batch of ahead of time and have in the fridge or freezer whenever I was hungry. Plus I knew it would keep me full, something I was initially worried about. Turns out being full wasn't a problem for me on the Whole30. With so much protein I hardly ever found myself hungry. However hungry or not, this chili became one of my go-to dishes all month long.
The other thing that I loved about having chili ready to go is that it can be transformed into so many different meals. You can make chili scrambles in the morning, pair it with cauliflower rice for lunch, make bell pepper nachos for a snack, or serve it over a baked potato. We also ate it on its own quite a bit topped with cilantro, fresh jalapenos, and avocado.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Whole30 Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 U onions, minced
- 6 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- 2 U medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 14 oz. canned fire roasted diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1/4 cup canned chipotles in adobo, minced
- 2 cups beef broth (or more)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and all the spices. Cook for 6-8 minutes until onions begin to soften, stirring often so that the spices don't burn.
- Push the onions to the side and add the tomato paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the tomato paste darkens, still stirring often.
- Add the turkey and cook until fully browned, stirring and breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Turn down the heat and cover. Cook for 30-45 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender. Taste and season as needed.
- Slow Cooker Option: Follow steps 1-3 from above and then add everything to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.