This amazing Roasted Garlic Salmon and Vegetable Bowl with Farro couldn't be more delicious and is so easy to make. Great for an easy dinner and meal prep. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
This post is sponsored by Unilever. The opinions and text are all mine.
Quick and easy weeknight dinners are always in high demand and these Roasted Garlic Salmon Bowls are bound to be one of your favorites. They bring restaurant flavor right into your own home kitchen.
This is one of those meals that you can prepare in no time with minimal prep work and cleaning. It’s quick to throw together and with the help of two special ingredients, this roasted salmon becomes something crave-worthy.
This recipe starts out like many others with a lean protein, veggies, and a whole grain. In this case, we start with some beautiful salmon brushed with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and basil. On the same baking sheet, I add some fresh veggies. I reached for cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and red onions – but you could use any quick cooking veggies you have on hand.
While the salmon cooks, I love to make some whole grain farro on the side. If you haven’t had farro before, it’s a nutty fiber and protein packed grain that pairs great with salmon.
Now here is where we take this dish to the next level. It starts with the farro. Instead of cooking the farro in water, we take a restaurant trick and cook the farro with Knorr® Chicken Bouillon. This infuses so much deep and rich flavor into the farro. Trust me, once you taste this, you will start cooking all your grains with Knorr® Bouillon.
Then to really make this dish special, the entire dish is drizzled with Best Foods® Roasted Garlic Drizzle Sauce. This sauce is packed with garlic flavor and can be used as a drizzle, dressing, or dip. This stuff is so good, and the extra boost of warm garlic flavor truly makes this dish restaurant quality. Plus, with just 40 calories per serving, no high fructose corn syrup, and low added sugars – it’s a sauce you can use to transform any dish into something packed with flavor.
I made sure to head to my local Jon’s Fresh market to pick up all of the ingredients I needed for this dish. You can find the Roasted Garlic flavor along with the rest of the Best Foods® Drizzle sauce lineup right in the condiment aisle.
Meal Prep Ideas
This recipe is a great one to make over the weekend and have in the fridge for quick lunches or dinners. Here are a few tricks to make sure it keeps well in the fridge:
- Once the farro has finished cooking, lay it out on a sheet pan to cool more quickly. This prevents the farro from getting mushy.
- Let the salmon and vegetables cool completely before storing.
- Build individual salmon and veggie bowls. These will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- When ready to serve, add the Best Foods® Roasted Garlic Drizzle Sauce.
- This meal can be eaten as a bowl or add it to a pile of greens and turn it into a salad with the Roasted Garlic Drizzle Sauce as the dressing. It’s also delish as a wrap.
More Tips for Using Best Foods® Drizzle Sauces
In addition to the delicious Roasted Garlic Drizzle Sauce used in this recipe, you can also find these yummy sauces in four other flavors:
- Creamy Bourbon Barbecue
- Cilantro Lime
- Creamy Chili Honey
- Roasted Red Pepper
Think about using them for vegetables, tacos, sandwiches, wraps, grain bowls, salads, as a dipping sauce, and with all your favorite proteins. They can make any dish you make at home taste like something straight from a restaurant menu.
Roasted Garlic Salmon and Vegetable Farro Bowls
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 24 oz salmon (about 6 ounces each filet)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 U lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 U zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1 U red onion, sliced
- 1 cup farro
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.