Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wraps made with a creamy buffalo ranch Greek yogurt dressing, celery, and carrots is a quick, flavor packed, restaurant style sandwich.
Buffalo chicken with ranch seasoning all bundled up in a testy wrap that you can make in less than 5 minutes if my kind of meal. This spin on our super popular Healthy Chicken Salad is a meal we are making all the time.
Lately, I have been craving all my favorite restaurant sandwiches and salads for lunch. Lunch is actually a meal I almost never eat out since we always have tons of leftovers, but when I do, there is nothing better than a delicious deli wrap and buffalo chicken is one of the best.
My favorite local deli makes Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad wraps and piles this amazingly delicious creamy, "ranch-y" buffalo chicken salad with butter lettuce, tomatoes, sprouts, green onions, and blue cheese all in a multi-grain wrap. It is so good and I was shocked to learn that they use Greek yogurt in their buffalo chicken to keep things lighter.
Following their lead, I have been making these buffalo chicken wraps all week and they are so good. They also only take about 5 minutes to make and they are easy to meal prep.
How to Meal Prep Buffalo Chicken Salad Wraps
This is one of those recipes that will make you look forward to lunch every day. It's so nice to have it all prepped and ready to go in the fridge. Here's the best way to meal prep buffalo chicken salad.
- Chicken: This recipe works with any cooked chicken or canned chicken. Most of the time, I am using a rotisserie chicken to make it but you could also use leftover cooked chicken, shredded slow cooker chicken, or poached chicken. For canned chicken, make sure to drain it well and look for canned chicken breast for the lightest option.
- Dressing: You can mix up the dressing and toss it with the chicken at the beginning of the week. It will last 4-5 days in the fridge. If you want the dressing to last longer, than make it separately and it will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- Veggies: Carrots and celery stay crunchy so you can mix them right into the salad if you plan on eating it within a few days. Thye can also be packed on the side if you prefer.
- Storing it: For the wraps, you do not want to assemble the wraps until right before you will be eating them since the wraps and greens will get soggy.
Recipe Ideas and Tips
- Cream cheese: Many people love to add cream cheese to buffalo chicken salad. Yum! If you plan on using cream cheese, I recommend swapping it in for the mayonnaise or Greek yogurt. Make sure to stir it well so it fully incorporates into the dressing.
- Dairy free: For a dairy free option, you can swap in a vegan mayonnaise for the Greek yogurt and mayonnaise. You could also use vegan cream cheese. For a Paleo or Whole30 option, make sure to choose a compliant mayo (skip the yogurt) and buffalo sauce.
- Add blue cheese: Blue cheese and buffalo sauce is a natural combination so feel free to toss in some blue cheese crumbles into your buffalo chicken. You could also swap in some blue cheese dressing for the mayonnaise or Greek yogurt.
- Lettuce wraps: For a lighter option, serve the ranch buffalo chicken in butter or Romaine lettuce wraps.
- Make it a salad: This also makes a great topping for a big salad with fresh greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and sliced green onions.
How to make ranch seasoning?
One of the key flavors in this recipe is the ranch seasoning mix, which adds that herby ranch flavor everyone loves so much. If you don't have ranch seasoning at home or want a homemade, less processed option, this is my favorite homemade ranch seasoning mix. The buttermilk powder is optional since it can be hard to find, but it does give the seasoning that tangy taste. This will make more seasoning mix then you need, just store it in an airtight container in the pantry.
- 1/4 cup buttermilk powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1.5 tsp dried chives
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
How long will buffalo chicken last in the fridge?
Generally speaking, buffalo chicken salad will last 4-5 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Chicken salad does not freeze well. If you want it to last longer, make the dressing and store it separately since it will last up to 2 weeks. Then simply mix it with fresh chicken and vegetables.
How to make buffalo chicken salad with ranch dressing?
If you don't have any ranch seasoning at home, you can easily swap in ranch dressing. Since you want a thicker dressing, you can substitute the ranch dressing for either the Greek yogurt or the mayonnaise depending on what you have at home. This will keep the dressing thick enough that it coats the chicken and vegetables without it sliding off or pouring out of the sandwich.
Looking for more buffalo chicken recipes?
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wraps
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce (more or less to taste, this is spicy)
- 2 tsp ranch seasoning (store bought or homemade, more to taste)
- 4 low carb wraps
- 2 cups greens
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.