A few weeks back I posted a recipe for Spicy Skillet Hoisin Chicken that has quickly become a family favorite and although it comes together in about 20 minutes, for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about making this in the slow cooker with chicken thighs. My main motivation for wanting to figure out a slow cooker version of this recipe was to prep lunches for an especially busy week. This chicken makes the best leftovers and can be used in a million ways.
My plan after throwing this in the slow cooker on Sunday was to make a big Asian inspired salad with pineapple and mandarin Monday, Asian inspired tacos with cabbage slaw Tuesday, a quesadilla in a low carb wrap with chopped veggies Wednesday, and then make lettuce wraps with fresh veggies and cashews on Thursday. Simple, delicious, and perfect for easy lunch or dinner prep.
Slow Cooker Spicy Hoisin Chicken Thighs
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 4 tsp. minced fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 cups sugar snap peas (or other veggie)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.