So in trying to name these cookies, my boyfriend suggested Bananakies, a combination of banana and cookie. Not being able to come with anything else, I went with it and thus we have bananakies. These cookies are surprisingly healthy combining health whole grain oats, bananas, coconut, and almonds with a touch of sweetness from some dark chocolate. I based them off a number of recipes I have read for healthy cookies and oat based cookies, adding a few of my favorite ingredients.
Banana Chocolate Oat Cookies (Bananakies)
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 U ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.