Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken with Homemade Sauce
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 U garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (or Stevia, honey, agave)
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 4 U scallions
- 2 U habanero peppers, seeded
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 U red pepper
- Salt and pepper
Place all of the chicken in the crockpot.
In a blender, combine all the other ingredients. I recommend adding the habaneros one at a time and then tasting so you get the right level of heat. Pour over the chicken. Cook for 6 hours in the crockpot.
Shred the chicken and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.