Sheet Pan Asian Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry with a homemade stir fry sauce all made on one sheet pan 20 minutes for a healthy, meatless meal.
Sheet Pan Asian Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry packed with fres veggies, crispy tofu, and a homemade stir fry sauce for an easy, vegetarian meal that's all cooked on one pan in less than 20 minutes!
I am a girl who loves a good sheet pan meal. Throw everything on one pan, pop some brown rice rice or quinoa on the stove (or in the microwave), and dinner is ready with minimal clean up and mess. However I have struggled to find good vegetarian recipes that are also sheet pan meals and since we are trying to incorporate more meatless meals into our diet, having some simple meals up my sleeve is a must. Today's recipes is one of those.
Now the key to make this recipe really shine is to thoroughly press or dry the tofu first so that it can get nice and crispy in the oven, because let's be honest, no one wants to eat soggy tofu. Now the easiest way to do this is with a tofu press, which is absolutely worth buying if you eat tofu often. If you don't enjoy tofu often, you can also press it with some paper towels and some heavy cans. Just wrap the tofu in a few layers of paper towels and place something heavy on top. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes so the extra water can be pressed out and absorbed by the paper towels. It may sound like a lot or work, but it may a world of difference when it comes to getting crispy tofu.
Once you have your tofu pressed, the rest is easy. Whip up a quick and easy stir fry sauce with soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and Asian garlic chili paste. You can throw in some ginger as well if you like. Toss the tofu and veggies with the sauce and lay everything out on the sheet pan in a single layer. To the oven it goes for 15 minutes and after you have crispy tofu covered in a delicious, caramelized sauce with perfectly cooked veggies. It's seriously good.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Sheet Pan Asian Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 16 oz. extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (GF if needed, vegan if needed)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp honey (or brown sugar or coconut sugar)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cups mixed Asian vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Press the tofu to remove extra moisture using a tofu press or paper towels. Cut into long horizontal slices, about 3/4 inch thick and then slice into triangles or sticks.
- Mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and garlic chili paste. Add the tofu to the mixture. If you have time, let the chicken marinate in the sauce for 15 minutes. You can also marinate longer if desired. Add the vegetable to the tofu and stir to coat.
- Spread out the tofu and vegetables on to a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until tofu is crispy and veggies are tender. If desired, broil the last 1-2 minutes to brown the tofu on top.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.