Black Bean and Corn Salad packed with black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, onion, and fresh lime juice for the ultimate healthy salad.
Black Bean and Corn Salad that doubles as an amazing salad is filled with all your favorite things - black beans, corn, tomatoes, red pepper, and red onion all in a simple lime and cumin dressing.
I have always been a sucker for a good corn and black bean salad, which is weird for someone who pretty much never ate beans growing up. The only kind of beans I was familiar with was baked beans, which my grandmother made from scratch, and we had probably once a year. And even though hers were probably the best around, I still wasn't a huge fan. Fast forward and now as a California transplant, beans are something I eat constantly thanks to all the amazing Mexican food you can find here. It started with refried beans and now I pretty much love them all.
Now my favorite way to enjoy this salad is with fresh corn either cut directly off the cob or grilled so it gets a nice char. Canned and frozen corn work as well, but it won't have the same sweetness or crunch. Usually I throw in some cilantro as well to brighten things up and I pour an onscene amount of hot sauce in my salad. This is totally optional but I love the bite of the vinegar and punch of the heat.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (more to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
- Mix together all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.