One of the very first things I learned when I started trying to lose weight was the importance of having healthy snacks and quick lunches around so I wouldn’t be tempted to grab something high in calories when suddenly mid afternoon I felt like I could eat my arm. So instead of leaving things to chance, I started stocking my fridge with healthy options like these veggie spring rolls. Packed with vegetables and tofu they make the perfect snack or lunch and can be eaten on the go. Not a fan of tofu? Just use ground chicken, ground turkey, shrimp, or any mild fish.
Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 10 oz firm tofu, drained well
- 8 U rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup mint
- 1 U carrot, trimmed, peeled, and cut into 3–inch matchsticks
- 1 U cucumber, peeled, and cut into 3–inch matchsticks
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup Thai basil
- 12 U lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce (or vegan Worcestershire)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.