This Red Curry Coconut Butternut Squash soup is a fun twist on a classic butternut squash soup plus its vegan, gluten-free, and made with no added sugar.
This is the perfect butternut squash soup recipe for fall - super creamy, slightly spicy, and packed with good for you ingredients, and it kind of happened by accident. Last week I was tasked with the challenge of making something new and different with the enormous squash sitting in my parents' kitchen. It was fresh from the garden of a good friend and my mom wanted to do something other than mash it. After some brainstorming, we decided on soup since the squash was enormous and we knew we would need to freeze the leftovers. We wanted something different than the classic butternut squash soup and since my Mom loves Thai curry, we decided to make a coconut curry soup using red curry paste and apples for sweetness. The soup was a hit! Even three people who claimed they hated curry came back asking for more.
One quick note about curry paste. They vary greayly in terms of taste and heat level, so you may have to play around with the amount to get it right for your palette. You can laways add more, so be conservative to start.
Red Curry Coconut Butternut Squash Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 U apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 U onion, diced
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 cups vegetable broth (more if needed)
- 14 oz. canned light coconut milk (full fat for Paleo/Whole30)
- 1 U lime, juice
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.