Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 U egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
Using a large bowl, cream the sugar, butter, brown sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract using an electric mixer or by hand.
Add the cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and stir. Then add the flours and stir until combined.
Fold in the oatmeal. Then when it seems like the dough can barely hold anything else, fold in the walnuts and dark chocolate. The dough will seem loose, but you will press it together when forming the cookies.
together when forming the cookies. Take the dough and roll about 36 1-inch balls. Place them 3 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes, until the edges and bottom start to crisp.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.