Crispy Honey Mustard Pork Chops are crispy, crunchy, and ready in less than 15 minutes for an easy weeknight meal. Jump to Recipe
Crispy Pork Chops with honey mustard and breadcrumb coating are a fast and healthy dinner everyone loves. Serve it alongside some Crispy Turnip Fries with extra honey mustard or Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts.
Mmmmmm...honey mustard is the bomb, isn't it? I mean, who invented it anyway? Some kitchen genius, that's who. I'm certain of it. And, I'm so glad they did because I plan to use it to its full potential.
There are so many things I love about this particular recipe, though. I mean, to start — we're working with some oven-baked crispy pork. That in and of itself is really hard to beat. Then you go and add honey mustard and rosemary?! Well, that just makes this really special, guys. Like, really, really, special. As in, you could totally make this for company and blow them away.
Other than the deliciousness of this recipe, which is just hard to overstate, this dish is also super easy to make. Which means, if you do make it for guests, you will have time to actually talk to them and not be hidden away in the kitchen the whole time. (Don't you hate that? I know I do.)
Recipe Ideas for Crispy Honey Mustard Pork
I have to say there aren't a ton of ways to customize this dish (since it is pretty straightforward) but I have made a few tweaks now and again.
- You can use regular mustard and leave out the rosemary depending on your preferences.
- I like to make up a nice double batch and use the leftovers.
- I sometimes use thyme or oregano instead of rosemary.
- You can also use this recipe on skinless, boneless chicken breasts or pork tenderloin (be sure to double it for a tenderloin, and cook it in the oven for easier, more even cooking).
- Sub panko (or even crushed-up cornflakes) if you don't have breadcrumbs.
- You can also use pre-seasoned breadcrumbs (like Italian ones) if that makes your job easier.
How do you make these Honey Mustard Pork Chops Spicy?
I love all the things spicy. There are several ways you can make this pork dish spicy.
- If you have some non-spice-lovers in your house, keep the spices to the side. I like to put out an assortment of hot sauces and some red pepper flakes in case anyone would like a dose of spice.
- Add the hot sauce or pepper flakes right into either the egg wash or the breadcrumb mixture (depending on if you go sauce or spice).
- Even some cracked black pepper will add enough spice for some. The more you add — the hotter it gets!
- Swap honey mustard for SPICY mustard and a tablespoon of honey.
- Cook the pork chops in spicy peppers and serve the peppers on top.
- Hot pepper jelly would be delish on top of one of these pork chops.
How can I use leftover Crispy Honey Mustard Pork?
- When I make these, I sometimes make a double batch and use the leftovers for salads. Just heat them up in the oven or toaster oven to keep them crispy.
- You can also eat these cold on salads — not quite as good in my opinion, but still tasty.
- Cut these up into slices and make tacos or quesadillas with some Monterey jack or cheddar cheese and lots of condiments.
- These would be yummy as a protein in a grain bowl with roasted vegetables and some extra honey mustard dressing.
- Dice up the pork and add to a lettuce wrap for a low-carb option.
- Have you ever had a pork sandwich? Now's as good a time as ever!
- Cut pork chops and add them to cold, cooked rice noodles or other pasta and add to that some diced bell peppers, shaved red onions, quartered cherry tomatoes, and a little extra honey mustard dressing.
What is honey mustard made of?
If you'd like to make your own honey mustard, we can do that, too. You'll need:
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey (more to taste)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 salt and pepper just to taste
Add all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk or stir together well. If it's too thick, you can add water. Use this mixture when the recipe calls for honey mustard.
This also makes a wonderful dipping sauce. I love to make up a big batch of this honey mustard and use it to dip just about everything — meat, veggies, pretzels. You name it!
Crispy Honey Mustard Pork
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb. boneless, lean pork chops, pounded thin
- 1 U egg
- 1 tbsp. honey mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.