Frittatas are one of my favorite go-to quick dinners when I am scrambling to get dinner together on a busy weeknight. Not only is it easy to prepare and clean up, it can be made with virtually any combination of veggies, grains, and protein you have on hand. It's also packed with protein and the leftovers are perfect for on-the-go breakfasts and lunches.
Although most of the frittatas I make are part of an effort to clean out the fridge (since you can dump almost anything in them), when spring hits, asparagus is my favorite thing to add. Not only is asparagus sweeter and grassier in the spring when its in season, it's affordable and readily available at farmer's markets and grocery stores. Paired with mushrooms, eggs, and quinoa - it makes a satisfying, hearty, and healthy frittata that you will love.
Now let's talk about best way to make a frittata. In my opinion, you have to add dairy when making a frittata. It's what gives the frittata it's creamy, custardy texture. That's why I am excited to be teaming up with a2 Milk® again this month so that you can enjoy a creamy, delicious frittata even if you normally experience discomfort from traditional dairy products.
a2 Milk® is a brand of milk from cows that don’t have the A1 protein that causessome people discomfort when drinkingmilk. Insteada2 Milk® only contains another type of protein, called the A2, that is easier to digest and normally doesn't cause discomfort for people with dairy sensitivity.
But don't worry, it is completely natural. Normally, most of the cows produce milk with the A1 protein.What the a2 Milk® Company has done is simply to test the cows and create herds with only the A2-producing cows. Additionally, their cows are fed a vegetarian diet and never given hormones or rBST, and the milk is antibiotic free and contains no artificial ingredients or additives. Plus is tastes delicious.
Want to try a2 Milk®? Check out their Product Locator to find a store near you that carries it and use this a2 Milk® $1 Off Coupon! Also don't forget to check out their Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest pages for more recipes and meal ideas.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Frittatas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, and green onions. Cook for 5-7 minutes until just tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, and milk. Add the vegetables and quinoa to the bottom of a prepared baking dish or pie plate. You can cook this as one large frittata, smaller individual frittatas (like in the picture), or even muffins. Pour the egg mixture over top and gently stir to combine.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs are set and cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.