Tropical Yogurt Bowl
This refreshing Tropical Yogurt Bowl with coconut yogurt, tropical fruit, almonds, and shredded coconut is a delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Light, sweet, and refreshing, this Tropical Yogurt Bowl is an absolute treat. Made with fresh and flavorful ingredients like coconut yogurt, pineapples, and kiwi, this naturally vegan-friendly bowl will have you feeling like you’re on vacation.
As a big-time lover of yogurt bowls, I’ve tried a ton of different flavor pairings. From my Chunky Monkey Banana Peanut Butter Yogurt Bowl to my Peanut Butter and Jelly Yogurt Bowl, it’s safe to say I’m a big fan of trying out different combinations. This Tropical Yogurt Bowl is easily one of the best ones I’ve made. I know it may not be much of a recipe, but it’s definitely a combination worth sharing with all of you so that you can try it out at home.
Not only is coconut yogurt a fantastic alternative to regular yogurt for those who are vegan or dairy-free, but it adds a touch of sweetness and a gentle hint of coconut that perfectly complements the rest of the tropical flavors in this bowl. This dish comes together in just a few minutes and is perfect for a quick breakfast or snack. It also stores well, making it an incredible meal prep recipe.
This bowl is healthy, satisfying, and loaded with incredible flavors. If you’ve been looking for a new yogurt bowl recipe to try out, I guarantee you will fall in love with this one just like I did. Make it for yourself, serve it to your kids, or make a big batch for your next brunch with friends. No matter the occasion, it’s guaranteed to be a hit.
The key ingredients you will need to make this delicious breakfast dish include:
- Coconut yogurt: Loaded with healthy fats and exotic flavors, coconut yogurt makes the perfect base for our bowl. You can also sub this out for plain low sugar yogurt, if you prefer that, look for one that is coconut flavored.
- Shredded coconut: Shredded coconut marries brilliantly with the fresh pineapple for an explosion of exotic island flavors.
- Pineapple: For a tropical yogurt bowl, pineapple is an absolute must. This sweet and tangy fruit adds beautiful, bright flavors to the dish.
- Kiwi: This exotic fruit adds a ton of tart and sweet flavors, as well as a gorgeous pop of color.
- Almonds: Sliced almonds add the perfect amount of crunch and nutty flavor to round out our delicious yogurt bowl.
This dish can be altered in a variety of ways depending on your needs, what you have at home, and what you’re in the mood for. Here are some of my favorite recipe suggestions for this dish:
- You can easily switch up the fresh fruit used in this dish. Other fruit options that work well include mangoes, papaya, dragon fruit, banana, and lychee.
- For added flavor and texture, try adding dried fruits like apricot, mango, apples, guava, dates, or strawberries.
- If you don’t have almonds at home or want to use a different type of nut, you can try using pecans or cashews.
- For a slight crunch and a ton of added nutrition, try adding nutrient-rich seeds like chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, or hemp seeds.
- Coconut yogurt is known to be slightly lower in protein than dairy yogurt. To boost up the protein level, you can mix in a scoop of vanilla or unflavored protein powder.
- This colorful dish is already a show stopper, but for an added pop of color you can add a sprig of fresh mint. This ensures the perfect eye-catching photo if it’s somethin you want to share.
- If you plan on making this dish ahead of time to eat later, I recommend leaving out the nuts until you’re ready to serve it. This will ensure that they stay nice and crunchy, rather than getting soggy.
Benefits of Coconut Yogurt
Coconut yogurt is a vegan alternative to traditional yogurt that is packed with protein and probiotics. It’s also loaded with an abundance of vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. According to Very Well Fit, these are some of the top health benefits of coconut yogurt:
- Strengthens bone health
- Improves eyesight
- Aids in weight loss
- Protects heart health
- Improves dementia symptoms
- Boosts mood
- Improves your immune system
- Supports a healthy gut
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you’ll find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this dish:
Is coconut yogurt good for you?
Coconut yogurt is loaded with probiotics, protein, vitamins, and minerals, making it an excellent addition to a healthy diet. Some of the most prominent health benefits of coconut yogurt include improved digestive health, weight loss support, and stronger bones.
What can I use instead of coconut yogurt?
Any kind of plain yogurt will work well in this dish. You can use Greek yogurt, soy yogurt, almond milk yogurt, or regular yogurt. Any flavor will work but look for a coconut flavored yogurt to maintain the same flavor profile.
Can I freeze yogurt?
Yes, but keep in mind the taste and texture may be altered when you thaw it out. You can freeze the coconut yogurt along with the fruit toppings for up to 1-2 months.
What other toppings can I use?
There are plenty of flavorful fruits you can use in this bowl to maintain the tropical flair. Some of the options include papaya, mango, dragon fruit, star fruit, lychee, and banana. You can also use dried fruits, but keep in mind these tend to be higher in sugar. Options for dried fruits include apricots, dates, pineapples, mangoes, kiwis, and craisins. You can also add seeds, protein powder, fresh mint, and spices like cinnamon or nutmeg.
How do you store this dish?
This dish can easily be prepped ahead of time if you want to enjoy it throughout the week. If you have mason jars, this is my personal favorite way to store yogurt. If not, you can use another airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
Tropical Yogurt Bowl
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 3/4 cup coconut yogurt (or low sugar cocont flavored regular or Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 fresh kiwi, chopped
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.