Slow Cooker Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 3 U carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 U medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
Add everything to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until squash is completely tender.
Use an immersion blender to blend to a smooth consistency. You could also use a regular blender and blend in batches. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Make it creamy! Add 1/2 cup of half and half, nonfat evaporated milk, or 4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.