These Roasted Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Veggies are the perfect easy and healthy meal all made on a sheet pan for easy clean up.
Inspired by a dish from one of my favorites, Gina at SkinnyTaste, this dish is everything a quick one pan dinner should be and I love everything about this meal - the tender chicken thighs, the caramelized roasted veggies, and especially the easy clean up since it is all made on 1-2 foiled covered baking sheets. It really couldn't be any easier to make either. Everything is tossed in a combination of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and Italian seasoning and then laid out on 1-2 baking sheets until browned and cooked through.
The key to making sure it comes out delicious is not overcrowding the baking sheets. You want everything to have some space so that it roasts instead of steams. If everything is piled up on top of each other, the veggies and chicken will end up coming out softer. They are still good, but they are so much better if they have space to caramelize. So don't be afraid to use a couple of baking sheets to make sure everything turns out right.
Another great thing about this meal is that you can customize it using any combination of quick cooking veggies and spices you like. I have used asparagus, parsnips, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and really thinly sliced potatoes or squash. In terms of spice, you can try blackening seasoning paired with rice vinegar, lemon pepper with the balsamic, or Greek or Cajun seasoning. Usually I toss in some red pepper flakes as well since we like everything a little spicy.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Roasted Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Vegetables
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 U carrots, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 1 U red onion, sliced thin
- 1 U red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 U green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (more to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the vegetables and chicken with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Lay out flat on 1-2 baking sheets covered in foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure there is a single layer and the chicken and veggies aren't piled up on top of each other.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are browned and tender.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.