Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta 9s covered in a delicious lemon vinaigrette and topped with basil for the perfect meatless meal.
Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta may just be your favorite vegetarian meal or side dish this summer. Between the tender grilled eggplant, salt feta, sweet tomatoes, lemon vinaigrette, and fresh basil - there isn't too much more you could ask for in one dish. We love to serve this as an entree with couscous or quinoa. It also makes a beautiful and delicious side dish. (As a side dish you will get about 6-8 servings.)
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U large eggplant, sliced (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (or almonds, walnuts, etc.)
- Carefully slice the eggplant into plans or rounds that are about 1/2 inch thick. Brush with half the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Using a grill or grill pan, grill for 3-4 minutes per side until tender with grill marks.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Top the grilled eggplant with the tomatoes, feta cheese, basil, lemon vinaigrette, and pine nuts.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.