These simple Halloween treats make a perfect addition to your holiday table with mini Naan bread, strong cheese, black olives, and your favorite marinara sauce.
Breaking out of our normal recipe routine to share these cute little Mummy Flatbread Dippers that I will be making with my kiddos this Halloween. They couldn't be easier to make, the kids can help, and you can personalize with all your favorite pizza toppings.
This year Halloween looks different than normal for most of us. That means I am trying to create as much magic as I can at home to make this Halloween feel special since we can't do many of our favorite activities.
In our house, that's going to start with a special Halloween menu. Our table will include these yummy pizza mummies, some orange and green spaghetti (died with food coloring), pumpkin hummus and veggies, and some apple monsters.
How to Make Mummy Pizza Dippers
These are seriously easy to make and I always get my kids to help! Start by laying out the mini Naan bread pieces on a baking sheet. If you like, season them up with a spray of cooking spray (or brush of olive oil) and some garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
Next up, cut the string cheese into two pieces and then tear off small strips of cheese. Lay them across the naan bread to create a mummy pattern. For some added veggies, add in strips of bell peppers along with the cheese.
Now it is time for the eyes. We usually use black olives but you could also use mini turkey pepperoni, chopped mushrooms, or edible googly eyes.
Then bake everything for 8-10 minutes in the oven until the cheese is melted the bread is slightly crispy. Serve the marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
For a more traditional mummy pizza, you can always add the sauce directly on the naan bread instead of on the side for dipping.
Recipe Ideas and Tips
- These little pizzas will stay fresh for up for 3 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container. Warm them up in the toaster oven or the microwave.
- Feel free to add strips of bell pepper, mushroom, etc. for more facial features and to add some veggie power to these yummy mummies.
- If you can’t find the mini naan dippers in your local grocery store, use original naan and keep the string cheese strips whole to make a couple of large mummies!
- For a more traditional pizza, spread the sauce directly on the naan bread before adding the strips of cheese.
- This will also work on low carb flatbreads cut into a mummy shape if you want to save calories and points.
What to Serve with Mummy Pizza Dippers
Turn these into a meal by adding some more special treats on the side.
- Make a big green salad to serve on the side with some spooky details. Cut out cucumber slices to look like Jack O'Lanterns, add some cold pasta colored with orange food colorings, or make spooky eyeballs with olives and cherry tomatoes.
- Every year we make monster apples in our house. Start with a large slice of apple and cut out a small mouth in the center. Fill the mouth with peanut butter and add some rice cereal for the teeth. Add some edible googly eyes or draw them on with icing.
- Grab some of your favorite hummus and turn it into a graveyard by adding crackers and veggies to serve as gravestones. Add some spiders made with olives for a spooky addition.
Mummy Pizza Dippers
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.