We’re keeping it simple today with this grilled or baked Jalapeno Popper Chicken. It couldn’t be any easier and is seriously delicious. Let’s talk about the players involved – fresh diced jalapenos, green onions, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. And no one would judge you if you added in some chopped bacon, just saying. Everything is baked on a juicy chicken breast to create a quick and surprisingly low calorie meal with under 250 calories.
Worried about the spice level? You could substitute in some roasted red peppers for a spice free version or use Poblano peppers for a milder spice. Regular bell peppers would also work and you could even use some shredded zucchini but you would lose the whole jalapeno popper theme. However with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and green onions – no matter what veggies you use, you are guaranteed a yummy dish.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat your grill or preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill it for 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through. In the oven, place the chicken in a baking dish and cook for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, mix together the jalapenos, cream cheese, green onions, and cheddar cheese.
- For the grill – take the cooked chicken and place it on a piece of foil. Spread the cream cheese jalapeno mixture on top and return to grill. Close top with grill for 3-4 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
- For the oven – remove the baking dish and spread the cream cheese jalapeno mixture over the chicken. Return to oven and cook 8-10 minutes or until cheese I creamy and melted.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.