Grilled Sirloin Steak with Chimichurri is full of flavor from a quick chimichurri sauce and ready in 20 minutes for an easy, healthy dinner.
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Chimichurri packs in so much flavor from a homemade chimichurri sauce made with parsley, cilantro, basil, and garlic all served over a simple grilled steak makes the ultimate healthy steak dinner.
We are pretty obsessed with chimichurri in our house and are always looking for any excuse to whip up a batch. And my favorite way to eat it is with a simple, grilled steak. It's the first thing I make when grilling season starts and a constant on our menu throughout the warmer months.
Now to keep this dish healthy and relatively light, its important to make sure to choose a nice, lean cut of meat. You can use a lean sirloin steak like the recipe suggests or go for a lean flank steak. Both pack in tons of beef flavor but are leaner cuts. Then when it comes to the chimichurri, the basics are the same, but you'll want to use less oil. Normal chimichurri is floating in olive oil and while delicious, it's a bit of a calorie bomb. This version uses just two tablespoons of oil and still tastes just as good.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Chimichurri
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. lean sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp basil
- 1 U clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, water, parsley, cilantro, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper to a blender or food processor. Blend until a sauce forms, adding water if needed. If you like a spicy chimichurri, add red pepper flakes.
- Rub the steak with the salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Grill the steak to your desired doneness, 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove the steak and let it rest.
- Slice it thinly against the grain and serve with chimichurri.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.