Lately I have been making lots of stuffed zucchini – pizza stuffed, chicken stuffed, and my current favorite Tex Mex stuffed zucchini. Made with a simple combination of ground beef, enchilada sauce, and some spices; they make a healthy alternative to tacos or enchiladas with less carbs and fewer calories. Make these with ground chicken, turkey, or beef or substitute in beans or veggie crumbles for a no meat version. I like making up a big batch and having them for leftover lunches during the week.
Serving Size: 2 zucchini halves
Nutritional Info: 256 calories, 8.6g of fat, 16.7g carbohydrates, 5.7g dietary fiber, 30.3g of protein, 5.3g of sugar
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 6 *
Lately I have been making lots of stuffed zucchini – pizza stuffed, chicken stuffed, and my current favorite Tex Mex stuffed zucchini. Made with a simple combination of ground beef, enchilada sauce, and some spices; they make a healthy alternative to tacos or enchiladas with less carbs and fewer calories. Make these with ground chicken, turkey, or beef or substitute in beans or veggie crumbles for a no meat version. I like making up a big batch and having them for leftover lunches during the week.Tex Mex Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 zucchini
- 3/4 lb. 95% lean ground beef
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup enchilada sauce (red or green)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Scoop out the center of the zucchini. Chop the zucchini you scooped out to be part of the filling.
- Add the ground beef, garlic, red bell pepper, scooped out zucchini, and onion to a medium high skillet. Brown until no longer pink.
- Add the cumin, salt, and pepper. Then stir in the enchilada sauce.
- Fill each zucchini and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top..
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes..
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Grilled Summer Vegetables August 31, 2015 0 comments
- $25 Healthy Meal Plans Special & Week 36 Meal Plan August 29, 2015 0 comments
- Back to School Meal Plan Special: Just $25 Yearly! August 28, 2015 0 comments
- Friday Five: Delicious and Healthy Corn Recipes August 28, 2015 0 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 113 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 76 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out