I am always on the lookout for quick and easy week night meals, and although at first glance this recipe may look complex, it’s actually super easy and you might even have most of the ingredients on hand. Chicken breast is transformed into spicy peanutty goodness with a quick sauce of sesame oil, lime juice, peanut butter, soy sauce, and ginger. Then it is quickly cooked along with your favorite veggies and tossed in the sauce. Easy peasy. Dinner in under 20 minutes.
Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Nutritional Info: 222 calories, 5.5g of fat, 15.3g of carbohydrates, 4g of fiber, 30.6g of protein, Sugars: 6.7g
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 5 *
I am always on the lookout for quick and easy week night meals, and although at first glance this recipe may look complex, it’s actually super easy and you might even have most of the ingredients on hand. Chicken breast is transformed into spicy peanutty goodness with a quick sauce of sesame oil, lime juice, peanut butter, soy sauce, and ginger. Then it is quickly cooked along with your favorite veggies and tossed in the sauce. Easy peasy. Dinner in under 20 minutes.Peanut Noodles with Chicken
- 1/2 cup PB2 ( or Better’n Peanut Butter or reduced fat creamy peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. honey or agave (can be left out or use Stevia for low carb)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp – 1/4 cup of Asian chile garlic paste (or to taste)
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame
- Whisk together the PB2 (or peanut butter), soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, honey, lime juice, and chile garlic sauce to create the peanut dressing.
- Add sesame oil to a skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add a touch of cooking spray to the skillet (just to make sure nothing sticks since we aren’t using a lot of oil) and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the red onion, red pepper, broccoli, carrots, and edamame. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup water and cover. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender Drain any remaining water, although it should evaporate.
- Add back the chicken along with the sauce. Toss everything together and let warm for 2-3 minutes.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Lemon Feta Vinaigrette July 1, 2015 0 comments
- One Pan Sweet Potato, Chicken Sausage, and Green Beans June 29, 2015 0 comments
- Friday Five: Get Out and Grill June 25, 2015 3 comments
- Asian Teriyaki Tofu Salad with Nasoya June 24, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 112 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 75 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out