Baked Salsa Chicken
See Recipe Now
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (4 filets)
- 2 cups pico de gallo (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 oz pepper jack cheese (slices or shredded)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 lime (for serving)
Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Mix together the cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Sprinkle over chicken.
Place the chicken in the baking dish in a single layer. Cover with about 2/3 of the pico de gallo.
Place sliced or shredded cheese on top. Bake the chicken for 35-45 minutes until cooked through. The exact cooking time will depend on thickness. Chicken should be cooked to 165 degrees.
Serve with remaining pico de gallo on top. Sprinkle on chopped cilantro and serve with lime on the side.
You may also enjoy…
For more Stress-Free Healthy Recipes visit Slender Kitchen