Slow Cooker Curry Chickpeas and Vegetables
See Recipe Now
- 3 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. Madras curry powder (for Thai curry , use red or green Thai curry paste)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 14 oz. light coconut milk
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 limes
Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the curry powder (or paste) and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the vegetable broth and turn off heat. Stir in the coconut milk.
Add the curry powder (or paste) and cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in the vegetable broth and turn off heat. Stir in the coconut milk.
Place the chickpeas and vegetables in the slow cooker.
Pour the coconut curry mixture over top.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve with fresh lime juice.
You may also enjoy…
For more Stress-Free Healthy Recipes visit Slender Kitchen