Grilled Vegetable Skewers
See Recipe Now
- 2 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 summer squash, cut into half moons
- 1 red onion, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 16 button mushrooms, whole or halved depending on size
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Soak around 8 wooden skewers in water for 15-30 minutes to prevent burning. Mix together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic cloves, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper. Toss with the chopped vegetables. Let sit for 15 minutes for the vegetables to soak up some of the flavors from the marinade.
Thread the vegetables onto the skewers.
Grill for 6-8 minutes and then flip and continue to cook for 4-6 minutes until vegetables are lightly charred and cooked through. For more char, turn the vegetables every 3-4 minutes to cook on all four sides.
Finish with an extra drizzle of olive oil and vinegar if desired. Top with extra fresh herbs if desired. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
You may also enjoy…
For more Stress-Free Healthy Recipes visit Slender Kitchen