Upgrade your quesadilla game with these tasty Turkey Quesadillas stuffed with turkey, fajita vegetables, black beans, and cheese.
What you need:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced (red and green)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning (more to taste)
- 1.5 cups cooked turkey breast (or 1/2 lb lean ground turkey or deli turkey)
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups shredded Mexican cheese (Monterey jack and cheddar mixture)
- 4 flour tortillas (regular, whole-wheat, or low-carb)
Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onion and peppers. Cook for 6-8 minutes until softened. They should still have some texture.
Stir in the cooked turkey, black beans, and taco seasoning. Stir together and remove from heat. If using ground turkey, add the ground turkey to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked through. Then add the taco seasoning and black beans.
Add this mixture to a bowl and use a paper towel to clean out the pan. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Place the tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle one-half with about 3 tbsp of cheese. Add about 2/3 cup of the turkey filling. Top with another 3 tbsp of cheese. Fold the tortilla over and cook on one side until the cheese is melting and the tortilla begins to brown.
Flip over and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes more until the tortilla browns and cheese is fully melted. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Turkey Quesadillas recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen