See Recipe Now
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1.5 oz achiote paste (1/2 package)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano (preferably Mexican oregano)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 bay leaf
Marinate the chicken: Combine the orange juice lime juice, achiote paste, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and allspice in a blender. Then add to a large ziploc bag or non-reactive bowl. Add the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour, but no more than 4 hours.
Slow Cooker: Add the marinated chicken, bay leaf, and marinade to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours until the chicken is fork-tender.
Shred with 2 forks and let sit in the slow cooker in the juices for 15-30 minutes if possible. Serve with warmed corn tortillas, limes, pickled red onions, cilantro, and habanero salsa.
You may also enjoy…
For more Stress-Free Healthy Recipes visit Slender Kitchen