Make this delicious homemade shrimp stir fry in just 15 minutes! Make it with any vegetables you have on hand and learn how to make the best stir fry sauce with pantry ingredients.
List of Ingredients:
- 1.5 lbs raw shrimp (deveined, shells and tails removed)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or other high heat oil)
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups broccoli florets (smaller florets or cut in half)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, sliced thin (on the diagonal)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce (sauce)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or vegetable, sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp honey (or pure maple syrup or brown sugar, for sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (sauce)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch (more for extra thick, for sauce)
Stir together the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce and set aside. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Heat the oil in a large skillet or work over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp in a single layer. Season with black or white pepper. Cook until just cooked through and browned, 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove the shrimp using a slotted spoon. Set aside.
If needed, add an extra drizzle of oil to the pan. Add the onion, broccoli, sugar snap peas, red bell pepper, and carrot to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Add the shrimp back to the pan along with the stir-fry sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Make this delicious Shrimp Stir Fry recipe and tag us! @slenderkitchen
You may also enjoy…
Find more Easy & Healthy Recipes on Slender Kitchen