This Shrimp Stir Fry is loaded with tender shrimp and crunchy vegetables all coated in a homemade stir-fry sauce for a quick and healthy family meal.
What you need:
- 1.5 lbs raw shrimp (deveined, shells and tails removed)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or other high heat oil)
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups broccoli florets (smaller florets or cut in half)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, sliced thin (on the diagonal)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce (sauce)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or vegetable, sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp honey (or pure maple syrup or brown sugar, for sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (sauce)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch (more for extra thick, for sauce)
Stir together the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce and set aside. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Heat the oil in a large skillet or work over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp in a single layer. Season with black or white pepper. Cook until just cooked through and browned, 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove the shrimp using a slotted spoon. Set aside.
If needed, add an extra drizzle of oil to the pan. Add the onion, broccoli, sugar snap peas, red bell pepper, and carrot to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Add the shrimp back to the pan along with the stir-fry sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Shrimp Stir Fry recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen