Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
This Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with apples, and goat cheese all tossed in a Dijon honey vinaigrette is the perfect side dish for any meal. It's also great for the holidays.
What you need:
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, shaved or sliced thin
- 1 large apple, sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (dressing or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (dressing)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (dressing)
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise (dressing)
- 1 tbsp honey (dressing)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (dressing)
- Salt and pepper (dressing)
Start by removing any discolored leaves from the sprouts. If using a knife, slice the sprouts thinly to shred and discard the stem. You can also use a food processor with a shredding attachment (remove stem first) or a mandolin.
In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, mayonnaise, honey, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning and sweetness if needed.
In a large bowl, toss together the shredded Brussels sprouts, apple, red onion, almonds, and goat cheese. Drizzle dressing on top and toss together the salad.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen