Salmon Sushi Bowls
Salmon Sushi Bowls are a quick, easy, and healthy recipe perfect for any night of the week! Bake the salmon in a teriyaki-style marinade, then serve it with fluffy sushi rice, crunchy vegetables, buttery avocado, savory nori, and a creamy Sriracha mayo.
What you need:
- 1 lb wild salmon (or farm raised)
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (for salmon)
- 2 tbsp honey (for salmon)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (for salmon)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (for salmon)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil (for salmon)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or half Greek yogurt, for spicy mayo)
- 2 tsp Sriracha (adjust to taste, for spicy mayo)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar (more to taste, spicy mayo)
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 sheets nori seaweed, cut into strips
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.
Place the salmon on a piece of foil on a baking sheet. Fold the foil up around the salmon, not covering it. Brush the salmon with the honey-soy mixture. Close the foil to create a “packet” to bake the salmon.
Bake the salmon for 13-16 minutes, depending on thickness. Open the packet and broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the top.
Make the spicy mayo by combining the mayonnaise, Sriracha, and rice vinegar. Taste and adjust to your liking. Some people also add a splash of soy sauce.
Assemble the bowls with cooked rice, vegetables, and toppings. Drizzle the spicy mayo on top. Add any additional toppings.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Salmon Sushi Bowls recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen