Easy Salmon Stir Fry
Make this healthy and delicious Salmon Stir Fry in less than 20 minutes! Packed with tender chunks of salmon, lots of fresh vegetables, and the most amazing homemade teriyaki inspired stir-fry sauce.
Easy Salmon Stir Fry
What you need:
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (sauce)
- 3 tbsp. water (sauce)
- 3 tbsp honey (or brown sugar, for sauce)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or rice vinegar sauce)
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced (sauce)
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced (sauce)
- 1 tsp sambal oelek (or Sriracha, optional, for sauce)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (sauce)
- 1 lb salmon, cut into bite-sized pieces (skin removed)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
Make the sauce: Add everything to a small saucepan and whisk together. Bring to a boil and stir well to make sure honey dissolves into the sauce. Turn heat down to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the sauce is thick and coats a spoon nicely. Taste and season if needed. Make sure to watch the sauce since it can burn quickly.
Heat the coconut oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the salmon in a single layer and season lightly with salt and pepper. Remember that the teriyaki sauce has soy sauce, which is salty, so season lightly. Cook the salmon for 2-3 minutes on one side until lightly browned. Carefully flip and cook for about 2 minutes until just cooked through. Remove the salmon and set aside
Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the asparagus, carrot, red bell pepper, and red onion. Cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender-crisp and softened to your liking.
Add the salmon back to the pan along with the sauce. Stir together carefully so the salmon doesn’t fall apart. Serve immediately. Garnish with sesame seeds or green onions if you like.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Easy Salmon Stir Fry recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen