These hearty Machaca Burritos filled with shredded beef, pinto beans, and rice are an easy Mexican meal that’s great for lunch, dinner, and meal prep.
What you need:
- 4 large flour tortillas (warmed to prevent tearing, or low carb tortillas)
- 1.33 cups shredded machaca
- 1 cup cooked white rice (or cauliflower rice)
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained (or black beans, refried beans)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
Start by warming the tortillas gently in the microwave or a skillet so they are pliable and won't break when they are folded. Place the flour tortilla on a flat surface. Add 1/4 cup of rice to the tortilla, just below the center. Add 1/3 cup of the shredded beef machaca on top of the rice. Add 1/4 cup of pinto beans on top. Then add about 1/4-1/2 cup of shredded lettuce, 1 tbsp cilantro, and 3 tbsp of cheese. Add any additional toppings you like.
Fold up the bottom to cover the filling. Time fold in the edges and roll up tightly. Wrap them in foil for storing or if you wish to heat them in a pan or oven.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Machaca Burritos recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen