See Recipe Now
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced (or sirloin/fajita steak, shrimp, or tofu)
- 3 bell peppers, sliced thin (green and red)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fajita seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 lime, juice (plus more for serving)
- 8 corn tortillas (or small flour tortillas)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
Toss the chicken with half of the fajita seasoning and the juice of 1 lime. Stir together and let marinate for 15-30 minutes if you have time.
Heat half of the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer (or work in batches if needed) and cook until nicely browned and just cooked through. Let is cook on one side for at least 1-2 minutes so it browns before flipping or stirring. Set aside.
Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the peppers and onions and sprinkle with the remaining fajita seasoning. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are tender-crisp and have some browned edges.
Add the chicken back to the pan and stir together. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Serve the chicken, peppers, and onions in warmed corn or flour tortillas (small ones) with cilantro and all your favorite toppings.
You may also enjoy…
For more Stress-Free Healthy Recipes visit Slender Kitchen