Easy Lentil Salad
See Recipe Now
- 2.5 cups cooked lentils (1 cup dry)
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped (Persian or English is best)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/8 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil (dressing)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (dressing)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (dressing)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (dressing)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (dressing)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (dressing)
- Salt and pepper (dressing)
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside while you prepare the other ingredients. The raw garlic will mellow out as it sits in the dressing.
To cook the lentils: Add the lentils to a pot and cover with water so the water is at least 2 inches above the lentils. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Cook for 17-25 minutes until tender. Drain immediately and run under cold water to stop the lentils from cooking further.
Toss together all of the salad ingredients with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
You may also enjoy…
For more Stress-Free Healthy Recipes visit Slender Kitchen