Make these healthy and delicious chicken taco bowls in less than 30 minutes! Packed with tasty chicken, rice, beans, and all the best toppings.
List of Ingredients:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (or homemade spice mix in notes)
- 2 cups cooked white rice (or brown rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or greens)
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained (or pinto beans)
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or chopped tomatoes and onions)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cups cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
If the chicken breasts are larger, cut them horizontally so they are uniform in size. Add them to a bowl with the lime juice, olive oil, and taco seasoning. Let marinate 15-30 minuets. Do not marinate longer or the chicken will break down in the lime juice.
To cook the chicken: Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add a small drizzle of olive oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side depending on the thickness. Let rest for 5 minutes and then chop into bite-sized pieces. This chicken is great on the grill as well, cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
Make the avocado salsa: Drain any excess liquid from the pico de gallo. Add the avocado and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Assemble the bowls: Layer in the rice, beans, corn, avocado salsa, chicken, and cheddar cheese. Top with fresh cilantro.
Make this delicious Chicken Taco Bowl recipe and tag us! @slenderkitchen
You may also enjoy…
Find more Easy & Healthy Recipes on Slender Kitchen