These Chicken Taco Bowls are the best easy dinner or meal prep lunch! Packed with seasoned chicken, rice, black beans, and all your favorite taco toppings. Ready in 30 minutes!
What you need:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (or homemade spice mix in notes)
- 2 cups cooked white rice (or brown rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or greens)
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained (or pinto beans)
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or chopped tomatoes and onions)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cups cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
If the chicken breasts are larger, cut them horizontally so they are uniform in size. Add them to a bowl with the lime juice, olive oil, and taco seasoning. Let marinate 15-30 minuets. Do not marinate longer or the chicken will break down in the lime juice.
To cook the chicken: Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add a small drizzle of olive oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side depending on the thickness. Let rest for 5 minutes and then chop into bite-sized pieces. This chicken is great on the grill as well, cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
Make the avocado salsa: Drain any excess liquid from the pico de gallo. Add the avocado and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Assemble the bowls: Layer in the rice, beans, corn, avocado salsa, chicken, and cheddar cheese. Top with fresh cilantro.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Chicken Taco Bowl recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen