This Chicken Stir Fry recipe is the ultimate quick and easy dinner full of fresh vegetables and tender chunks of chicken in a delicious homemade sauce. It couldn't be easier to prepare!
What you need:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped (bite-size)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or other high heat oil)
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups broccoli florets (smaller florets or cut in half)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, sliced thin (on the diagonal)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (sauce)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or vegetable, sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp honey (or pure maple syrup or brown sugar, sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (sauce)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch (more for extra thick, sauce)
Stir together the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce and set aside. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Heat the oil in a large skillet or work over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken in a single layer. Season with black or white pepper. Cook until just cooked through and browned, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the chicken using a slotted spoon. Set aside.
If needed, add an extra drizzle of oil to the pan. Add the onion, broccoli, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and carrot to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Add the chicken back to the pan along with the stir-fry sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Chicken Stir Fry recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen