Try chicken machaca for a lighter twist on traditional beef machaca! Chicken thighs are infused with bold seasoning and slow-cooked to tender, juicy perfection. Serve this no-fuss dish in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas, and more.
What you need:
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or Maggi sauce, soy sauce, coconut aminos)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 serrano chiles, minced (stemmed and seeded, or jalapeno for less heat)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup canned fire roasted diced tomatoes (or tomato sauce)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place into the slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, broth, and Maggi. Stir in the other ingredients and then pour over the chicken.
Cook on low in the slow cooker for 4 hours. Then shred the chicken using two forks and serve. I usually like to let the shredded chicken hang out in all the cooking liquid/sauce for about 30 minutes before serving. Just keep the slow cooker on low.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Chicken Machaca recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen