See Recipe Now
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into 4 to 6 steaks 1 inch steaks)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Set up the breading station. Start by placing the beaten eggs in a shallow dish. Place the flour in another shallow dish or plate. Finally, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes (if using) on a third plate or shallow dish.
Lightly season each cauliflower with salt and pepper. Press the cauliflower steak into the flour on both sides. The dip into the egg mixture and let any excess drip off. Then press into the Panko breadcrumb and Parmesan mixture.
Place on a prepared baking sheet sprayed with cooking sprayed or brushed with olive oil. Place the cauliflower steaks in the middle of the oven and cook for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Check to make sure the steaks are beginning to become tender, if they have softened at all, cook an additional 5 minutes.
Carefully flip the cauliflower steaks over. Spread the marinara sauce on top, about 2 tbsp per steak. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes. Cook for an additional ten minutes. Then turn the oven up to broil until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbling.. Garnish with fresh basil and season if needed.
You may also enjoy…
For more Stress-Free Healthy Recipes visit Slender Kitchen