Blackened Steak Salad
This Blackened Steak Salad is made with juicy steak, creamy homemade dressing, and fresh veggies for a mouthwatering combination of flavors. This dish is easy to prepare and makes for the ultimate on-the-go lunch or healthy main course for dinner.
What you need:
- 1 lb lean beef tenderloin (or lean flank steak)
- 2 tbsp blackening seasoning
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp butter (or ghee or olive oil)
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil (or olive or vegetable)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (dressing)
- 2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise (dressing)
- 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning (dressing)
- 1/2 lime, juiced (dressing)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro (dressing)
- 1 garlic clove (dressing)
- 2 tbsp red onion (dressing)
- 1/2 serrano pepper, seeded and diced (or jalapeno, for dressing)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (dressing)
To make the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Puree for 15 seconds. Place into a dressing container or mason jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can also add a couple of tablepssons of salsa or pico de gallo to the dressing for even more flavor.
Preheat the oven to 375*. Let the steak come to room temp. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, rub butter over both sides of the steak. Generously rub steak with seasoning. Add the grapeseed oil to the skillet. Place steak into the cast iron skillet and cook 2 minutes per side. Turn off the heat. Place cast iron into the oven for 5 minutes for rare, 6 minutes for medium-rare, or 7 minutes for medium. Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice steak into strips.
Assemble the salad: Toss together the Romaine lettuce, bell peppers, and red onions. Top with sliced steak and dressing.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Blackened Steak Salad recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen