See Recipe Now
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced (or sirloin steak)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or other high-heat oil)
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup broccoli florets (smaller florets or cut in half)
- 1cup snow peas
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, sliced thin (on the diagonal)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (sauce)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or vegetable, for sauce)
- 1 tbsp honey (or pure maple syrup or brown sugar, for sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar (sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (sauce)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch (more for extra thick, for sauce)
Beef Stir Fry
Toss the beef with cornstarch, soy sauce, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside while you prep the stir-fry sauce and vegetables.
Stir together the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce and set aside. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the beef in a single layer. Cook until just cooked through and browned about 3-4 minutes. Remove the beef using a slotted spoon. Set aside.
If needed, add an extra drizzle of oil to the pan. Add the vegetables to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Add the beef back to the pan along with the stir-fry sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
You may also enjoy…
For more Stress-Free Healthy Recipes visit Slender Kitchen