Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal with Cream Cheese Glaze
See Recipe Now
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots (freshly grated is best)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or crushed pineapple)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (more to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8 X 8 baking dish with cooking spray. Add the oats, carrots, applesauce, raisins, coconut, chia seeds, spices, and salt to a bowl. You can also add walnuts or pecans for a more classic carrot cake.
In another bowl, whisk together the almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Add to the oatmeal mixture and stir together.
Pour into the baking dish. Bake for 40-50 minutes until the oatmeal is fully set and lightly browned.
Meanwhile make the glaze by beating together the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla. You can microwave the cream cheese for a few seconds to make it easier to stir.
Remove the baked oatmeal from the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes. Drizzle the glaze on top and serve. Keep leftovers in the fridge for 4-5 days.
You may also enjoy…
For more Stress-Free Healthy Recipes visit Slender Kitchen