Asian Peanut Slaw filled with cabbage, peanuts, jicama, and celery and topped with the most delicious peanut lime dressing, all for under 150 calories.
What you need:
- 4 cups cole slaw mix (red and green cabbage and shredded carrots)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup jicama, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp peanuts, chopped (for garnish)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or PB2 combined with water)
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Asian garlic chili paste (sambal olek)
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1.5 tbsp warm water (more if needed)
Making the dressing: Warm the peanut butter in the microwave until slightly melted. This step can be skipped but makes it a bit easier to stir. Add the soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice, rice vinegar, garlic chili paste, and ground ginger to a small bowl. Whisk together, adding water a little at a time until it reaches a smooth consistency. It should be thick but still pourable. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed - more soy sauce for salt, more lime juice for tang, more chili paste for heat, etc.
In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Add the dressing. Mix well and enjoy. I like to let it sit for at least 15 minutes for the flavors to combine.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Asian Peanut Slaw recipe.
You may also enjoy…
For more Delicious Recipes visit Slender Kitchen