There is this amazing breakfast place near my house that makes this corn, egg, and zucchini scramble with havarti cheese that is to-die-for. I order it almost every time I go and devour it with their homemade nine grain bread. This morning I was craving that dish and decided to make a lightened up frittata inspired by the same flavors. I added some cherry tomatoes and used part skim mozzarella instead of the havarti since I didn't have any on hand. The resulting dish is delicious and perfect for breakfast or lunch. It also keeps well for a couple of days if you are lucky enough to have leftovers.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Zucchini, Corn, and Tomato Frittata
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 U ears corn, cut off the cob
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 U eggs, beaten
- 4 U egg whites, beaten
- 3/4 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, corn, and zucchini and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Season with basil and salt.
- Pour into a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment. You can also cook it in an oven safe skillet. Add the veggies and sprinkle cheese on top. Pour the eggs over top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed up and cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.