videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Yellow Split Pea Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 5 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 U carrots, chopped
- 2 U stalks celery, chopped
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb. dry yellow split peas (or lentils)
- 1.5 cups frozen spinach
- 3 U sprigs thyme
- 8 cups vegetable broth (chicken broth)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 U bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, red pepper, and cherry tomatoes. Cook until the onions begin to become translucent.
- Add the bay leaf, thyme, paprika, spinach, and yellow split peas. Stir together and let cook for 2-3 minutes until thyme is fragrant.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the yellow split peas are the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve on it’s own or topped with some chicken sausage and Parmesan cheese (extra points).
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.