A Whole Wheat Caprese Pasta that you can make in under 20 minutes and is bursting with the flavors of tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, and fresh mozzarella.
Tuesdays after long weekends may be the toughest Tuesdays ever. Something about having Monday off makes the week feel longer than ever for me. Perhaps its coming down from all the weekend fun, but I always find the workday after a few days off the hardest. Luckily this pasta can come to the rescue and make the day at least a little bit better. It's always good to have something to look forward to at the end of the day.
Now on to the pasta. Caprese salad may be one of my all time favorite meals. There is just nothing better than fresh ripe tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, basil, and balsamic vinegar. I could honestly eat it every day and would be one happy girl. However the family doesn't quite agree that this salad constitutes a meal so this whole wheat Caprese pasta is the perfect compromise. All my favorite Caprese flavors in a quick and easy pasta dish. Yum, yum, yum.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Whole Wheat Caprese Pasta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking liquid. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-6 minutes until tomatoes begin to soften, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and spinach. Cook about 1 minute until spinach wilts.
- Add pasta and stir to combine. Add pasta water if the pasta seems dry.
- Turn off heat and stir in the cheese and basil. Drizzle with extra balsamic vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.