It's fair to say I am pretty obsessed with this tomato basil butter sauce. We ate it with chicken, fish, and this past weekend I made it with white beans since we had some vegetarian friends coming over and it was so so good. The beans soak up all the delicious sauce and the butter makes everything taste indulgent. Defintiely have some bread, rice, or polenta nearby to soak up the extra sauce. Yum.
White Beans in Tomato Basil Butter Sauce
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 20 oz. canned San Marzano tomatoes
- 20 oz. canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. butter (vegan butter if needed)
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes, breaking the tomatoes up with a wooden spoon if desired.
Add the beans and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the butter and basil. Stir until butter melts. Season with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.